Welcome to STEAMY READS Blog!
Well hello there, folks.
As said above, my name is Val…or “shameless, bitchy, skank,” if you so prefer. Because, well…I’m a shameless and bitchy skank with no filter and no fuc*ks given.
I have been an active reader since the age of nine when my fourth grade teacher required that we read for 30 minutes a day…and my parents actually made me do it. Needless to say, I love me some Nancy Drew, Judy Blume, and Sweet Valley High.
I read my first… “descriptive” *ahem* romance novel when I was 11 year old. Dear old Dad had clearly NO idea what he was actually buying me. Whoops!
These days, while I have and do occasionally read across all genres, my book drug of choice is Romance – all genres, but especially Paranormal, Sports, Military/Spec Ops, Urban Fantasy, BDSM/dark romance, M/M, historical, and erotica.
If I’m not somewhere reading, you can usually find me running/ellipticizing at the gym, walking around Disneyland with my husband, scouting for new shoes and home decor at the mall, mainlining caffeine at a coffee shop, or trolling the aisles of BevMo. Because WINE.
Otherwise, I hope myself and the other Steamy Reads ladies lead you to some awesome books.
Also check out Val’s Top 10 PNR List
Val’s Top 10 Current Favorite Authors
Val’s Recent Reviews
- Title: Luna and the Lie Author: Mariana Zapata Genre: Fiction, Contemporary Romance Release Date: December 2018 Can Standalone?: Yes The problem with secrets is that they’re too easy to keep collecting. Luna Allen has done some things she would rather no one ever know about. She also knows that, if she could go back in… Continue reading Luna and the Lie by Mariana Zapata
- Title: Echoes of Fire Series: The Mercury Pack Author: Suzanne Wright Genre: Paranormal Romance Release Date: December 11, 2018 Can Standalone?: Yes, but I would read in order. They may not be made for each other, but animal instincts are impossible to ignore. Madisyn Drake is a rare breed of cat shifter…a loner, unpredictably wild,… Continue reading Echoes of Fire (The Mercury Pack #4) by Suzanne Wright
- Title: Archangel's Prophecy Series: Guild Hunter Author: Nalini Singh Genre: Paranormal Romance Release Date: October 30, 2018 Can Standalone?: No, it cannot. Return to New York Times bestselling author Nalini Singh’s darkly passionate Guild Hunter world, where human-turned-angel Elena Deveraux, consort to Archangel Raphael, is thrust center stage into an eons-old prophecy.... Midnight and dawn,… Continue reading Archangel’s Prophecy (Guild Hunter #11) by Nalini Singh
- Title: Dirty Ugly Toy Author: K. Webster Genre: Dark Romance Release Date: January 18, 2016 Can Standalone?: Yes Her time is over. Things are looking up. She’s dirty and ugly. He’s wicked but handsome. Six months to toy with her. Six months of vacation and a ton of money. I’ll hurt her beyond repair. I’ve… Continue reading Dirty Ugly Toy by K. Webster
- Title: Cross Breed Series: Breeds Series #23 Author: Lora Leigh Genre: Paranormal Romance Release Date: September 25, 2018 Can Standalone?: Yes, but better read in order. #1 New York Times bestselling author of the Breeds series delivers the novel fans have been waiting for–mixed Coyote/Wolf Breed Cassie Sinclair finally gets her story! It’s been over… Continue reading Cross Breed (Breeds, #23) by Lora Leigh
- Title: Booted Series: Trails of Sin Series #3 Author: Pam Godwin Genre: Fiction, Contemporary Romance Release Date: September 18th 2018 Can Standalone?: No, it cannot. The night I’m released from prison, she’s in my bed. It’s been eight years since I touched a woman, and the Native American beauty is half-dressed, beaten, bruised, and devastatingly… Continue reading Booted (Trails of Sin #3) by Pam Godwin
Val’s Recent Shares
- Happy New Year, Steamy Peeps! I hope you all got drunk and sloppy rung in the new year safely and responsibly. Before we get into 2018, let’s recap 2017 right quick, eh? 2017 was an interesting year. Personally…professionally…and of course, reading and book-wise – for me at least. Stat-wise, according to goodreads, I read a… Continue reading A 2107 Recap and Bookish Resolutions for 2018
- Big day in the Shameless household today, people. I’m SO excited to share this with you all, you have NO idea. After, years and years of trying, Sir Handyman and I are so proud to announce… * * * * * Drum roll please… * * * I FINALLY convinced… Continue reading BIG Announcement!
- What up, what up, what up, Steamy peeps! Long time, no talk, no? Sorry. I’ve been busy doing life and shit. And, well, LAZY. Thus no fun posts lately. Plus, Maria and I always say we won’t do any of these “lifestyle” posts unless we actually have the content. And/or the desire lol. TL;DR: we… Continue reading Val’s Summer Recap
- Hey there, Steamy Peeps! Val here. I know, I know, you have probably forgotten who I am, being that I have basically been a total nonentity around here lately. Most of you are probably like, you have been? Followed by: But for those two who care and/or that noticed…here’s the 411… I have a LOT… Continue reading Val’s Week-Everything Recap: Where I’ve Been Lately…
- What’s up steamy peeps? As promised, the CUP COUNT: Two glasses of Kim Crawford sauvignon blanc. Details on the cup count HERE How is everyone doing? I myself am doing not so swell. I have had a kidney infection for going on a month now. How is that possible, you ask? Well, I’ll tell you.… Continue reading Val’s Mid-Week Recap: That Time I Had a Kidney Infection and Was Bitchy About It
- What up, Steamy peeps?! A more appropriate title for this post would have been: Val’s Weekend AKA Entire Month of February Recap. Because M. I. Fucking. A. But what can I say? I had a busy month. And I’m lazy. Now before we get “started,” I have to tell you this… I recently received a… Continue reading Val’s Weekend Recap: That Time I Talked about My Supposed Alcoholism