Welcome to STEAMY READS Blog!
Well hello there, folks.
As said above, my name is Val…or “shameless, bitchy, skank,” if you so prefer. Because, well…I’m a shameless and bitchy skank with no filter and no fuc*ks given.
I have been an active reader since the age of nine when my fourth grade teacher required that we read for 30 minutes a day…and my parents actually made me do it. Needless to say, I love me some Nancy Drew, Judy Blume, and Sweet Valley High.
I read my first… “descriptive” *ahem* romance novel when I was 11 year old. Dear old Dad had clearly NO idea what he was actually buying me. Whoops!
These days, while I have and do occasionally read across all genres, my book drug of choice is Romance – all genres, but especially Paranormal, Sports, Military/Spec Ops, Urban Fantasy, BDSM/dark romance, M/M, historical, and erotica.
If I’m not somewhere reading, you can usually find me running/ellipticizing at the gym, walking around Disneyland with my husband, scouting for new shoes and home decor at the mall, mainlining caffeine at a coffee shop, or trolling the aisles of BevMo. Because WINE.
Otherwise, I hope myself and the other Steamy Reads ladies lead you to some awesome books.
Also check out Val’s Top 10 PNR List
Val’s Top 10 Current Favorite Authors
Val’s Recent Reviews
- Title: Wolf Rain Series: Psy-Changeling Trinity Author: Nalini Singh Genre: Paranormal Romance Release Date: June 4, 2019 Can Standalone?: No New York Times bestselling author Nalini Singh takes us on a new adventure in this next novel of the Psy-Changeling Trinity series… The end of Silence was supposed to create a better world for future… Continue reading Wolf Rain (Psy-Changeling Trinity #3) by Nalini Singh
- Title: The Maddest Obsession Series: Made #2 Author: Danielle Lori Genre: Contemporary Romance Release Date: April 15, 2019 Can Standalone?: Yes, but I would read book one. She fears the dark. He rules it. Her dresses are too tight, her heels too tall. She laughs too loudly, eats without decorum, and mixes up most sayings… Continue reading The Maddest Obsession (Made #2) by Danielle Lori
- Title: Forever Mine Series: Tormentor Mine Author: Anna Zaires Genre: Dark Romance Release Date: April 16, 2019 Can Standalone?: No I fought against fate, and I won. I made a deal with the devil to keep her. It was supposed to be over. We were meant to be happy. Too bad my enemies had other… Continue reading Forever Mine (Tormentor Mine, #4) by Anna Zaires
- Title: Bitter Heat Series: Singed Author: Mia Knight Genre: Dark Romance Release Date: March 29, 2019 Can Standalone?: Yes She was the wood. He was the flame. After this, they would be ash. A cruel twist of fate leaves Jasmine Hennessy stranded in a remote cabin with her worst nightmare—her ex-husband, James Roth, who she… Continue reading Bitter Heat by Mia Knight
- Title: Luna and the Lie Author: Mariana Zapata Genre: Fiction, Contemporary Romance Release Date: December 2018 Can Standalone?: Yes The problem with secrets is that they’re too easy to keep collecting. Luna Allen has done some things she would rather no one ever know about. She also knows that, if she could go back in… Continue reading Luna and the Lie by Mariana Zapata
- Title: Echoes of Fire Series: The Mercury Pack Author: Suzanne Wright Genre: Paranormal Romance Release Date: December 11, 2018 Can Standalone?: Yes, but I would read in order. They may not be made for each other, but animal instincts are impossible to ignore. Madisyn Drake is a rare breed of cat shifter…a loner, unpredictably wild,… Continue reading Echoes of Fire (The Mercury Pack #4) by Suzanne Wright
Val’s Recent Shares
- Happy New Year, Steamy Peeps! I hope you all got drunk and sloppy rung in the new year safely and responsibly. Before we get into 2018, let’s recap 2017 right quick, eh? 2017 was an interesting year. Personally…professionally…and of course, reading and book-wise – for me at least. Stat-wise, according to goodreads, I read a… Continue reading A 2107 Recap and Bookish Resolutions for 2018
- Big day in the Shameless household today, people. I’m SO excited to share this with you all, you have NO idea. After, years and years of trying, Sir Handyman and I are so proud to announce… * * * * * Drum roll please… * * * I FINALLY convinced… Continue reading BIG Announcement!
- What up, what up, what up, Steamy peeps! Long time, no talk, no? Sorry. I’ve been busy doing life and shit. And, well, LAZY. Thus no fun posts lately. Plus, Maria and I always say we won’t do any of these “lifestyle” posts unless we actually have the content. And/or the desire lol. TL;DR: we… Continue reading Val’s Summer Recap
- Hey there, Steamy Peeps! Val here. I know, I know, you have probably forgotten who I am, being that I have basically been a total nonentity around here lately. Most of you are probably like, you have been? Followed by: But for those two who care and/or that noticed…here’s the 411… I have a LOT… Continue reading Val’s Week-Everything Recap: Where I’ve Been Lately…
- What’s up steamy peeps? As promised, the CUP COUNT: Two glasses of Kim Crawford sauvignon blanc. Details on the cup count HERE How is everyone doing? I myself am doing not so swell. I have had a kidney infection for going on a month now. How is that possible, you ask? Well, I’ll tell you.… Continue reading Val’s Mid-Week Recap: That Time I Had a Kidney Infection and Was Bitchy About It
- What up, Steamy peeps?! A more appropriate title for this post would have been: Val’s Weekend AKA Entire Month of February Recap. Because M. I. Fucking. A. But what can I say? I had a busy month. And I’m lazy. Now before we get “started,” I have to tell you this… I recently received a… Continue reading Val’s Weekend Recap: That Time I Talked about My Supposed Alcoholism