Welcome to STEAMY READS Blog!
Well hello there, folks.
As said above, my name is Val…or “shameless, bitchy, skank,” if you so prefer. Because, well…I’m a shameless and bitchy skank with no filter and no fuc*ks given.
I have been an active reader since the age of nine when my fourth grade teacher required that we read for 30 minutes a day…and my parents actually made me do it. Needless to say, I love me some Nancy Drew, Judy Blume, and Sweet Valley High.
I read my first… “descriptive” *ahem* romance novel when I was 11 year old. Dear old Dad had clearly NO idea what he was actually buying me. Whoops!
These days, while I have and do occasionally read across all genres, my book drug of choice is Romance – all genres, but especially Paranormal, Sports, Military/Spec Ops, Urban Fantasy, BDSM/dark romance, M/M, historical, and erotica.
If I’m not somewhere reading, you can usually find me running/ellipticizing at the gym, walking around Disneyland with my husband, scouting for new shoes and home decor at the mall, mainlining caffeine at a coffee shop, or trolling the aisles of BevMo. Because WINE.
Otherwise, I hope myself and the other Steamy Reads ladies lead you to some awesome books.
Val’s Recent Reviews
- Title: Wolf Rain Series: Psy-Changeling Trinity Author: Nalini Singh Genre: Paranormal Romance Release Date: June 4, 2019 Can Standalone?: No New York Times bestselling author Nalini Singh takes us on a new adventure in this next novel of the Psy-Changeling Trinity series… The end of Silence was supposed to create a better world for future […]
- Title: Written with Regret Series: Regret Duet Genre: Contemporary Romance Release Date: 23rd May 2019 Can Standalone?: Part of a Duet Every little girl dreams of the fairytale. The one where the white knight rushes in to save her from the clutches of evil. They fall in love, have babies, and live happily ever after. […]
- Title: The Maddest Obsession Series: Made #2 Author: Danielle Lori Genre: Contemporary Romance Release Date: April 15, 2019 Can Standalone?: Yes, but I would read book one. She fears the dark. He rules it. Her dresses are too tight, her heels too tall. She laughs too loudly, eats without decorum, and mixes up most sayings […]
- Title: Forever Mine Series: Tormentor Mine Author: Anna Zaires Genre: Dark Romance Release Date: April 16, 2019 Can Standalone?: No I fought against fate, and I won. I made a deal with the devil to keep her. It was supposed to be over. We were meant to be happy. Too bad my enemies had other […]
- Title: Bitter Heat Series: Singed Author: Mia Knight Genre: Dark Romance Release Date: March 29, 2019 Can Standalone?: Yes She was the wood. He was the flame. After this, they would be ash. A cruel twist of fate leaves Jasmine Hennessy stranded in a remote cabin with her worst nightmare—her ex-husband, James Roth, who she […]
- Title: Luna and the Lie Author: Mariana Zapata Genre: Fiction, Contemporary Romance Release Date: December 2018 Can Standalone?: Yes The problem with secrets is that they’re too easy to keep collecting. Luna Allen has done some things she would rather no one ever know about. She also knows that, if she could go back in […]