Welcome to STEAMY READS Blog!
Well hello there, folks.
As said above, my name is Val…or “shameless, bitchy, skank,” if you so prefer. Because, well…I’m a shameless and bitchy skank with no filter and no fuc*ks given.
I have been an active reader since the age of nine when my fourth grade teacher required that we read for 30 minutes a day…and my parents actually made me do it. Needless to say, I love me some Nancy Drew, Judy Blume, and Sweet Valley High.
I read my first… “descriptive” *ahem* romance novel when I was 11 year old. Dear old Dad had clearly NO idea what he was actually buying me. Whoops!
These days, while I have and do occasionally read across all genres, my book drug of choice is Romance – all genres, but especially Paranormal, Sports, Military/Spec Ops, Urban Fantasy, BDSM/dark romance, M/M, historical, and erotica.
If I’m not somewhere reading, you can usually find me running/ellipticizing at the gym, walking around Disneyland with my husband, scouting for new shoes and home decor at the mall, mainlining caffeine at a coffee shop, or trolling the aisles of BevMo. Because WINE.
Otherwise, I hope myself and the other Steamy Reads ladies lead you to some awesome books.
Also check out Val’s Top 10 PNR List
Val’s Top 10 Current Favorite Authors
Val’s Recent Reviews
- Title: Awakened by Sin Series: Crime Lord Series #4 Author: Mia Knight Genre: Fiction, Dark Romance Release Date: March 30, 2018 Can Standalone?: No, read in order. Carmen Pyre had it all until her husband was murdered by a madman who threatened everyone she loved. Now that her husband has been avenged, it's time to… Continue reading Awakened by Sin (Crime Lord, #4) by Mia Knight
- Title: Born, Darkly Series: Darkly, Madly Duet Author: Trisha Wolfe Genre: Psychological Thriller Romance Release Date: September 19, 2017 Can Standalone?: Yes He challenged her sanity. She shattered his reality. They dared each other...to the brink of madness. A dark and twisted maze awaits criminal psychologist London Noble when she falls for her patient, convicted… Continue reading Born, Darkly (Darkly, Madly Duet, #1) by Trisha Wolfe
- Title: Heart of Glass Series: Fostering Love Series #3 Author: Nicole Jacquelyn Genre: Fiction, Contemporary Romance Release Date: July 10th 2018 Can Standalone?: Yes The next standalone novel from Nicole Jacquelyn about love, friendship, and forgiveness. Henry Harris was living his dream as a staff sergeant in the Marines. When he's killed in action, his… Continue reading Heart of Glass (Fostering Love #3) by Nicole Jacquelyn
- Title: Reckless Author: Lex Martin Genre: Contemporary Romance Release Date: February 20, 2018 Can Standalone?: Yes Reckless features Tori and Ethan and is a standalone companion to the USA Today bestseller Shameless. Tori… For the record, I’m not going to hook up with my boss. I'm a lot of things—a screwup, a basket case, a… Continue reading Reckless by Lex Martin
- Title: Crux Untamed Series: Hades Hangmen #6 Author: Tillie Cole Genre: Dark Romance Release Date: February 27, 2018 Can Standalone?: Yes, but better read in order ONLY BOUNDLESS LOVE CAN SILENCE THE WHISPERS OF THE PAST . . . A broken woman. A damaged man. A free spirit intent on saving them both. Elysia ‘Sia’… Continue reading Crux Untamed (Hades Hangmen #6) by Tillie Cole
- Title: Starlight Nights Series: 738 Days Series #2 Author: Stacey Kade Genre: Fiction, Contemporary Romance Release Date: January 9, 2018 Can Standalone?: Yes At twenty-three, Calista Beckett is trying to overcome her early fame and fortune. The former savior of the world on Starlight is now a freshman at college--miles away from L.A. and her… Continue reading Starlight Nights (738 Days #2) by Stacey Kade
Val’s Recent Shares
- Happy New Year, Steamy Peeps! I hope you all got drunk and sloppy rung in the new year safely and responsibly. Before we get into 2018, let’s recap 2017 right quick, eh? 2017 was an interesting year. Personally…professionally…and of course, reading and book-wise – for me at least. Stat-wise, according to goodreads, I read a… Continue reading A 2107 Recap and Bookish Resolutions for 2018
- Big day in the Shameless household today, people. I’m SO excited to share this with you all, you have NO idea. After, years and years of trying, Sir Handyman and I are so proud to announce… * * * * * Drum roll please… * * * I FINALLY convinced… Continue reading BIG Announcement!
- What up, what up, what up, Steamy peeps! Long time, no talk, no? Sorry. I’ve been busy doing life and shit. And, well, LAZY. Thus no fun posts lately. Plus, Maria and I always say we won’t do any of these “lifestyle” posts unless we actually have the content. And/or the desire lol. TL;DR: we… Continue reading Val’s Summer Recap
- Hey there, Steamy Peeps! Val here. I know, I know, you have probably forgotten who I am, being that I have basically been a total nonentity around here lately. Most of you are probably like, you have been? Followed by: But for those two who care and/or that noticed…here’s the 411… I have a LOT… Continue reading Val’s Week-Everything Recap: Where I’ve Been Lately…
- What’s up steamy peeps? As promised, the CUP COUNT: Two glasses of Kim Crawford sauvignon blanc. Details on the cup count HERE How is everyone doing? I myself am doing not so swell. I have had a kidney infection for going on a month now. How is that possible, you ask? Well, I’ll tell you.… Continue reading Val’s Mid-Week Recap: That Time I Had a Kidney Infection and Was Bitchy About It
- What up, Steamy peeps?! A more appropriate title for this post would have been: Val’s Weekend AKA Entire Month of February Recap. Because M. I. Fucking. A. But what can I say? I had a busy month. And I’m lazy. Now before we get “started,” I have to tell you this… I recently received a… Continue reading Val’s Weekend Recap: That Time I Talked about My Supposed Alcoholism