Welcome to STEAMY READS Blog!
Well hello there, folks.
As said above, my name is Val…or “shameless, bitchy, skank,” if you so prefer. Because, well…I’m a shameless and bitchy skank with no filter and no fuc*ks given.
I have been an active reader since the age of nine when my fourth grade teacher required that we read for 30 minutes a day…and my parents actually made me do it. Needless to say, I love me some Nancy Drew, Judy Blume, and Sweet Valley High.
I read my first… “descriptive” *ahem* romance novel when I was 11 year old. Dear old Dad had clearly NO idea what he was actually buying me. Whoops!
These days, while I have and do occasionally read across all genres, my book drug of choice is Romance – all genres, but especially Paranormal, Sports, Military/Spec Ops, Urban Fantasy, BDSM/dark romance, M/M, historical, and erotica.
If I’m not somewhere reading, you can usually find me running/ellipticizing at the gym, walking around Disneyland with my husband, scouting for new shoes and home decor at the mall, mainlining caffeine at a coffee shop, or trolling the aisles of BevMo. Because WINE.
Otherwise, I hope myself and the other Steamy Reads ladies lead you to some awesome books.
Val’s Current Favorites
Hades Hangmen #5
Larson Brothers #1
Check out Val’s Top 10 Reads of 2016
Also check out Val’s Top 10 PNR List
Val’s Top 10 Current Favorite Authors
Val’s Recent Reviews
- Title: Powerless Author: Catherine Johnson Genre: Fiction, Paranormal Romance Format: January 2, 2014 Can Standalone?: Yes Change isn’t necessarily a bad thing; werewolves know this better than most people. Rebecca Howarth had a quiet, contented, safe life, despite having been changed into a werewolf as the result of a vicious attack. Then, suddenly, everything that… Continue reading Powerless by Catherine Johnson
- Title: A Promise of Fire Series: Kingmaker Chronicles #1 Author: Amanda Bouchet Genre: Fiction, Fantasy Romance Release Date: August 2, 2016 Can Standalone?: No, read in order Catalia "Cat" Fisa is a powerful clairvoyant known as the Kingmaker. This smart-mouthed soothsayer has no interest in her powers and would much rather fly under the radar,… Continue reading A Promise of Fire (Kingmaker Chronicles #1) by Amanda Bouchet
- Title: Everything, Everything Author: Nicola Yoon Genre: Fiction, Young Adult Release Date: September 3, 2015 Can Standalone?: Yes Madeline Whittier is allergic to the outside world. So allergic, in fact, that she has never left the house in all of her seventeen years. But when Olly moves in next door, and wants to talk to… Continue reading Everything, Everything by Nicola Yoon
- Title: Obsession Mine Series: Tormentor Mine Series #2 Author: Anna Zaires Genre: Contemporary Romance Release Date: November 14, 2017 Can Standalone?: No, read in order I stole her in the night. Caged her because I can’t live without her. She’s my love, my addiction, my obsession. I will do anything to keep Sara mine. Val’s… Continue reading Obsession Mine (Tormentor Mine #2) by Anna Zaires
- Title: Lure of Oblivion Series: The Mercury Pack #3 Author: Suzanne Wright Genre: Paranormal Romance Release Date: November 21, 2017 Can Standalone?: Yes Gwen Miller may be a human, but she has no problem taking a stand against her own kind. She’s going to testify against the teenage boy she saw viciously assault a lone… Continue reading Lure of Oblivion (The Mercury Pack #3) by Suzanne Wright
- Title: The Bride Series: The Bride Series #1 Author: S. Doyle Genre: Fiction, Contemporary Romance Release Date: April 6th 2017 Can Standalone?: No Ellie So here’s the deal. I’m sixteen and I’m getting married. Super weird, I know. My dad is a cattle rancher in Montana. Or he was, until he died suddenly, leaving me… Continue reading The Bride (The Bride #1) by S. Doyle
Val’s Recent Shares
- Big day in the Shameless household today, people. I’m SO excited to share this with you all, you have NO idea. After, years and years of trying, Sir Handyman and I are so proud to announce… * * * * * Drum roll please… * * * I FINALLY convinced… Continue reading BIG Announcement!
- What up, what up, what up, Steamy peeps! Long time, no talk, no? Sorry. I’ve been busy doing life and shit. And, well, LAZY. Thus no fun posts lately. Plus, Maria and I always say we won’t do any of these “lifestyle” posts unless we actually have the content. And/or the desire lol. TL;DR: we… Continue reading Val’s Summer Recap
- Hey there, Steamy Peeps! Val here. I know, I know, you have probably forgotten who I am, being that I have basically been a total nonentity around here lately. Most of you are probably like, you have been? Followed by: But for those two who care and/or that noticed…here’s the 411… I have a LOT… Continue reading Val’s Week-Everything Recap: Where I’ve Been Lately…
- What’s up steamy peeps? As promised, the CUP COUNT: Two glasses of Kim Crawford sauvignon blanc. Details on the cup count HERE How is everyone doing? I myself am doing not so swell. I have had a kidney infection for going on a month now. How is that possible, you ask? Well, I’ll tell you.… Continue reading Val’s Mid-Week Recap: That Time I Had a Kidney Infection and Was Bitchy About It
- What up, Steamy peeps?! A more appropriate title for this post would have been: Val’s Weekend AKA Entire Month of February Recap. Because M. I. Fucking. A. But what can I say? I had a busy month. And I’m lazy. Now before we get “started,” I have to tell you this… I recently received a… Continue reading Val’s Weekend Recap: That Time I Talked about My Supposed Alcoholism
- Happy Monday morning, Steamy peeps! Happy belated New Year, by the way. I know, I know…WAAAAAY late. But what can I say? I’m just being Miley. And this Miley is always late. Yeah. I’m THAT wife-sister-friend that is always rolling in 15 minutes past the intended departure time. Unless it’s work. And even then I’m… Continue reading Val’s Belated Holiday Recap