Welcome to STEAMY READS Blog!
Well hello there, folks.
As said above, my name is Val…or “shameless, bitchy, skank,” if you so prefer. Because, well…I’m a shameless and bitchy skank with no filter and no fuc*ks given.
I have been an active reader since the age of nine when my fourth grade teacher required that we read for 30 minutes a day…and my parents actually made me do it. Needless to say, I love me some Nancy Drew, Judy Blume, and Sweet Valley High.
I read my first… “descriptive” *ahem* romance novel when I was 11 year old. Dear old Dad had clearly NO idea what he was actually buying me. Whoops!
These days, while I have and do occasionally read across all genres, my book drug of choice is Romance – all genres, but especially Paranormal, Sports, Military/Spec Ops, Urban Fantasy, BDSM/dark romance, M/M, historical, and erotica.
If I’m not somewhere reading, you can usually find me running/ellipticizing at the gym, walking around Disneyland with my husband, scouting for new shoes and home decor at the mall, mainlining caffeine at a coffee shop, or trolling the aisles of BevMo. Because WINE.
Otherwise, I hope myself and the other Steamy Reads ladies lead you to some awesome books.
Val’s Current Favorites
Hades Hangmen #5
Larson Brothers #1
Check out Val’s Top 10 Reads of 2016
Also check out Val’s Top 10 PNR List
Val’s Top 10 Current Favorite Authors
Val’s Recent Reviews
- Title: Cutslut Author: Kim Jones Genre: Fiction, Contemporary Romance, Motorcycle Romance Release Date: June 6, 2017 Can Standalone?: Yes I’m that girl. No…I’m not. They want their title. I don’t. They’re proud to belong. I’m not. They chose this life. I didn’t… My name is Winter Tews. I am a thief. Liar. Traitor. Con. The… Continue reading Cutslut by Kim Jones
- Title: The Wild Author: K. Webster Genre: Fiction, Dark Romance Release Date: August 7th 2017 I brought them to the wilderness because we couldn’t cope with our reality. The plan was to make a new life that didn’t include heartache. No people. No technology. No interference. Just us. A chance to piece together what was… Continue reading The Wild by K. Webster
- Title: The Skeleton King Series: Dartmoor Series #3 Author: Lauren Gilley Genre: Fiction, Contemporary Romance, Motorcycle Romance Release Date: September 15th 2015 His club brothers call him the Money Man. Vice President Kingston Walsh is one of the most trusted members of the Lean Dogs MC. He’s thoughtful, quiet, and he’s all business. Who better… Continue reading The Skeleton King (Dartmoor #3) by Lauren Gilley
- Title: The Brightest Sunset Series: The Darkest Sunrise Duet #2 Author: Aly Martinez Genre: Fiction, Contemporary Romance Release Date: July 27th 2017 Sticks and stones will break my bones, but words will never harm me. Bullshit. Words destroyed me. “I’m sorry. She didn’t make it.” “Daddy, he can’t breathe!” “There’s nothing more we can do… Continue reading The Brightest Sunset (The Darkest Sunrise #2) by Aly Martinez
- Title: Seeing Red Author: Sandra Brown Genre: Fiction, Romantic Suspense Release Date: August 15, 2017 #1 New York Times and USA Today bestselling author Sandra Brown delivers her trademark nonstop suspense and supercharged sexual tension in this thriller about tainted heroism, cold fury, and vengeance without mercy. Kerra Bailey is a television journalist on the… Continue reading Seeing Red by Sandra Brown
- Title: The Darkest Sunrise Series: The Darkest Sunrise Duet #1 Author: Aly Martinez Genre: Fiction, Contemporary Romance Release Date: July 13th 2017 Sticks and stones will break my bones, but words will never harm me. Whoever coined that phrase is a bald-faced liar. Words are often the sharpest weapon of all, triggering some of the… Continue reading The Darkest Sunrise (The Darkest Sunrise #1) by Aly Martinez
Val’s Recent Shares
- What up, what up, what up, Steamy peeps! Long time, no talk, no? Sorry. I’ve been busy doing life and shit. And, well, LAZY. Thus no fun posts lately. Plus, Maria and I always say we won’t do any of these “lifestyle” posts unless we actually have the content. And/or the desire lol. TL;DR: we… Continue reading Val’s Summer Recap
- Hey there, Steamy Peeps! Val here. I know, I know, you have probably forgotten who I am, being that I have basically been a total nonentity around here lately. Most of you are probably like, you have been? Followed by: But for those two who care and/or that noticed…here’s the 411… I have a LOT… Continue reading Val’s Week-Everything Recap: Where I’ve Been Lately…
- What’s up steamy peeps? As promised, the CUP COUNT: Two glasses of Kim Crawford sauvignon blanc. Details on the cup count HERE How is everyone doing? I myself am doing not so swell. I have had a kidney infection for going on a month now. How is that possible, you ask? Well, I’ll tell you.… Continue reading Val’s Mid-Week Recap: That Time I Had a Kidney Infection and Was Bitchy About It
- What up, Steamy peeps?! A more appropriate title for this post would have been: Val’s Weekend AKA Entire Month of February Recap. Because M. I. Fucking. A. But what can I say? I had a busy month. And I’m lazy. Now before we get “started,” I have to tell you this… I recently received a… Continue reading Val’s Weekend Recap: That Time I Talked about My Supposed Alcoholism
- Happy Monday morning, Steamy peeps! Happy belated New Year, by the way. I know, I know…WAAAAAY late. But what can I say? I’m just being Miley. And this Miley is always late. Yeah. I’m THAT wife-sister-friend that is always rolling in 15 minutes past the intended departure time. Unless it’s work. And even then I’m… Continue reading Val’s Belated Holiday Recap
- Hello, hello, hello, Steamy peeps. I just realized I haven’t done a post since November, right after my drunken binge fest of a Thanksgiving. Which now means that we are in the throes of Christmas prep. Although here in the US, they have started shoving Christmas down our throats before the Halloween candy is even… Continue reading Weekday Recap: Holi-fray Preparation