Welcome to STEAMY READS Blog!
Well hello there, folks.
As said above, my name is Val…or “shameless, bitchy, skank,” if you so prefer. Because, well…I’m a shameless and bitchy skank with no filter and no fuc*ks given.
I have been an active reader since the age of nine when my fourth grade teacher required that we read for 30 minutes a day…and my parents actually made me do it. Needless to say, I love me some Nancy Drew, Judy Blume, and Sweet Valley High.
I read my first… “descriptive” *ahem* romance novel when I was 11 year old. Dear old Dad had clearly NO idea what he was actually buying me. Whoops!
These days, while I have and do occasionally read across all genres, my book drug of choice is Romance – all genres, but especially Paranormal, Sports, Military/Spec Ops, Urban Fantasy, BDSM/dark romance, M/M, historical, and erotica.
If I’m not somewhere reading, you can usually find me running/ellipticizing at the gym, walking around Disneyland with my husband, scouting for new shoes and home decor at the mall, mainlining caffeine at a coffee shop, or trolling the aisles of BevMo. Because WINE.
Otherwise, I hope myself and the other Steamy Reads ladies lead you to some awesome books.
Also check out Val’s Top 10 PNR List
Val’s Top 10 Current Favorite Authors
Val’s Recent Reviews
- Title: From Lukov with Love Author: Mariana Zapata Release Date: February 2018 Can Standalone?: Yes If someone were to ask Jasmine Santos to describe the last few years of her life with a single word, it would definitely be a four-letter one. After seventeen years—and countless broken bones and broken promises—she knows her window to… Continue reading From Lukov with Love by Mariana Zapata
- Title: The Sterling Boys Series: Sterling Shore Series #3 Author: C.M. Owens Genre: Contemporary Romance Release Date: September 20, 2014 Can Standalone?: Yes A love that never came to be, a letter that ruined it all, and secrets that shred and heal... Rain Noles left Sterling Shore to break free from the painful life she… Continue reading The Sterling Boys (Sterling Shore, #3) by C.M. Owens
- Title: Devastate Series: Deliver Series #4 Author: Pam Godwin Genre: Fiction, Dark Romance, Erotic Romance, BDSM Release Date: February 6th 2018 “What is the price you’re willing to pay?” “Money isn’t an issue.” “I’m not talking about money.” Tate is on the hunt to find his best friend’s sister. Eleven years ago, Lucia Dias was… Continue reading Devastate (Deliver #4) by Pam Godwin
- Title: Heart on Fire Series: Kingmaker Chronicles #3 Author: Amanda Bouchet Genre: Fiction, Fantasy Romance Release Date: January 2nd 2018 Can Standalone?: No, read in order The riveting conclusion to the Kingmaker Chronicles, available January 2018! Who is Catalia Fisa? With the help of pivotal figures from her past, Cat begins to understand the root… Continue reading Heart on Fire (Kingmaker Chronicles #3) by Amanda Bouchet
- Title: Whatever Remains Author: Lauren Gilley Genre: Literary Fiction Release Date: July 17, 2013 Can Standalone?: Yes What do you do when your murder victim is found in your ex-girlfriend’s riding arena? For homicide detective Ben Haley, the answer is automatic: take the case. He’s spent the past five years dodging her phone calls and… Continue reading Whatever Remains by Lauren Gilley
- Title: Acquired Possession Series: The Machinery of Desire #1 Author: Cari Silverwood Genre: Fiction, Erotic Romance Release Date: July 22, 2017 Can Standalone?: Yes The night Emery is taken she is reading emails in bed. Aerthe, another world, the world of the Swathe, the moving cities of the Mekkers. Blind on arrival and naked. No… Continue reading Acquired Possession (The Machinery of Desire, #1) by Cari Silverwood
Val’s Recent Shares
- Happy New Year, Steamy Peeps! I hope you all got drunk and sloppy rung in the new year safely and responsibly. Before we get into 2018, let’s recap 2017 right quick, eh? 2017 was an interesting year. Personally…professionally…and of course, reading and book-wise – for me at least. Stat-wise, according to goodreads, I read a… Continue reading A 2107 Recap and Bookish Resolutions for 2018
- Big day in the Shameless household today, people. I’m SO excited to share this with you all, you have NO idea. After, years and years of trying, Sir Handyman and I are so proud to announce… * * * * * Drum roll please… * * * I FINALLY convinced… Continue reading BIG Announcement!
- What up, what up, what up, Steamy peeps! Long time, no talk, no? Sorry. I’ve been busy doing life and shit. And, well, LAZY. Thus no fun posts lately. Plus, Maria and I always say we won’t do any of these “lifestyle” posts unless we actually have the content. And/or the desire lol. TL;DR: we… Continue reading Val’s Summer Recap
- Hey there, Steamy Peeps! Val here. I know, I know, you have probably forgotten who I am, being that I have basically been a total nonentity around here lately. Most of you are probably like, you have been? Followed by: But for those two who care and/or that noticed…here’s the 411… I have a LOT… Continue reading Val’s Week-Everything Recap: Where I’ve Been Lately…
- What’s up steamy peeps? As promised, the CUP COUNT: Two glasses of Kim Crawford sauvignon blanc. Details on the cup count HERE How is everyone doing? I myself am doing not so swell. I have had a kidney infection for going on a month now. How is that possible, you ask? Well, I’ll tell you.… Continue reading Val’s Mid-Week Recap: That Time I Had a Kidney Infection and Was Bitchy About It
- What up, Steamy peeps?! A more appropriate title for this post would have been: Val’s Weekend AKA Entire Month of February Recap. Because M. I. Fucking. A. But what can I say? I had a busy month. And I’m lazy. Now before we get “started,” I have to tell you this… I recently received a… Continue reading Val’s Weekend Recap: That Time I Talked about My Supposed Alcoholism