Welcome to STEAMY READS Blog!
Well hello there, folks.
As said above, my name is Val…or “shameless, bitchy, skank,” if you so prefer. Because, well…I’m a shameless and bitchy skank with no filter and no fuc*ks given.
I have been an active reader since the age of nine when my fourth grade teacher required that we read for 30 minutes a day…and my parents actually made me do it. Needless to say, I love me some Nancy Drew, Judy Blume, and Sweet Valley High.
I read my first… “descriptive” *ahem* romance novel when I was 11 year old. Dear old Dad had clearly NO idea what he was actually buying me. Whoops!
These days, while I have and do occasionally read across all genres, my book drug of choice is Romance – all genres, but especially Paranormal, Sports, Military/Spec Ops, Urban Fantasy, BDSM/dark romance, M/M, historical, and erotica.
If I’m not somewhere reading, you can usually find me running/ellipticizing at the gym, walking around Disneyland with my husband, scouting for new shoes and home decor at the mall, mainlining caffeine at a coffee shop, or trolling the aisles of BevMo. Because WINE.
Otherwise, I hope myself and the other Steamy Reads ladies lead you to some awesome books.
Val’s Current Favorites
Hades Hangmen #5
Larson Brothers #1
Check out Val’s Top 10 Reads of 2016
Also check out Val’s Top 10 PNR List
Val’s Top 10 Current Favorite Authors
Val’s Recent Reviews
- Title: Lure of Oblivion Series: The Mercury Pack #3 Author: Suzanne Wright Genre: Paranormal Romance Release Date: November 21, 2017 Can Standalone?: Yes Gwen Miller may be a human, but she has no problem taking a stand against her own kind. She’s going to testify against the teenage boy she saw viciously assault a lone… Continue reading Lure of Oblivion (The Mercury Pack #3) by Suzanne Wright
- Title: The Bride Series: The Bride Series #1 Author: S. Doyle Genre: Fiction, Contemporary Romance Release Date: April 6th 2017 Can Standalone?: No Ellie So here’s the deal. I’m sixteen and I’m getting married. Super weird, I know. My dad is a cattle rancher in Montana. Or he was, until he died suddenly, leaving me… Continue reading The Bride (The Bride #1) by S. Doyle
- Title: Three is a War Series: Tangled Lies Series #3 Author: Pam Godwin Genre: Fiction, Erotic Romance Release Date: August 29th 2017 Three means war. Three sides vying for forever. Cole. My first love. The bad boy with the dangerous smile and passionate temper draws attention like a lit fuse on dynamite. But his dark… Continue reading Three is a War (Tangled Lies #3) by Pam Godwin
- Title: Elapse Series: The Expiration Duet #1 Author: Lou-Ella Fields Genre: Contemporary Romance Release Date: April 23, 2017 Can Standalone?: No, read in order I thought our love was infinite, unbreakable. After six years together, butterflies would still take flight in my stomach every time he walked into a room. With just one smile I… Continue reading Elapse (The Expiration Duet #1) by Lou-Ella Fields
- Title: Vair: Beyond the X-Club Series: Krinar Kindle World Author: Hettie Ivers Genre: Paranormal Romance Release Date: September 12, 2017 Can Standalone?: No What happens in an exclusive alien sex club stays in an alien sex club, right? Well... not when you pen an exposé on said alien sex club—carefully omitting the fact that the… Continue reading Vair: Beyond the X-Club (Krinar Kindle World) by Hettie Ivers
- Title: Krinar Diplomacy Series: Krinar Kindle World Author: Josie Litton Genre: Paranormal Romance Release Date: September 12, 2017 Can Standalone?: No When a brilliant Krinar diplomat with a well-earned reputation for ruthlessness rescues a young human female from a rampaging mob during the Great Panic, he knows at once that she’s triggered something in him… Continue reading Krinar Diplomacy (Krinar Kindle World) by Josie Litton
Val’s Recent Shares
- Big day in the Shameless household today, people. I’m SO excited to share this with you all, you have NO idea. After, years and years of trying, Sir Handyman and I are so proud to announce… * * * * * Drum roll please… * * * I FINALLY convinced… Continue reading BIG Announcement!
- What up, what up, what up, Steamy peeps! Long time, no talk, no? Sorry. I’ve been busy doing life and shit. And, well, LAZY. Thus no fun posts lately. Plus, Maria and I always say we won’t do any of these “lifestyle” posts unless we actually have the content. And/or the desire lol. TL;DR: we… Continue reading Val’s Summer Recap
- Hey there, Steamy Peeps! Val here. I know, I know, you have probably forgotten who I am, being that I have basically been a total nonentity around here lately. Most of you are probably like, you have been? Followed by: But for those two who care and/or that noticed…here’s the 411… I have a LOT… Continue reading Val’s Week-Everything Recap: Where I’ve Been Lately…
- What’s up steamy peeps? As promised, the CUP COUNT: Two glasses of Kim Crawford sauvignon blanc. Details on the cup count HERE How is everyone doing? I myself am doing not so swell. I have had a kidney infection for going on a month now. How is that possible, you ask? Well, I’ll tell you.… Continue reading Val’s Mid-Week Recap: That Time I Had a Kidney Infection and Was Bitchy About It
- What up, Steamy peeps?! A more appropriate title for this post would have been: Val’s Weekend AKA Entire Month of February Recap. Because M. I. Fucking. A. But what can I say? I had a busy month. And I’m lazy. Now before we get “started,” I have to tell you this… I recently received a… Continue reading Val’s Weekend Recap: That Time I Talked about My Supposed Alcoholism
- Happy Monday morning, Steamy peeps! Happy belated New Year, by the way. I know, I know…WAAAAAY late. But what can I say? I’m just being Miley. And this Miley is always late. Yeah. I’m THAT wife-sister-friend that is always rolling in 15 minutes past the intended departure time. Unless it’s work. And even then I’m… Continue reading Val’s Belated Holiday Recap